The main activities of the Indonesian Food Safety Institute are:
- Performing training and courses in agriculture, fisheries and food relative issues as packaging, soil, water, environments and other related issues;
- Performing lab activities for governments and private purposes;
- Engaging experts, both national and international for their activities;
- Organizing conferences, lectures, seminars, workshops for the purpose of their activities and dissemination of information for consumers’ protection;
- Organizing internships, national and international;
- Conducting audit and inspection, both for government and private sectors;
- Coordinating national and international projects;
- Conducting studies and research, both for national and international purposes;
- Establishing dispute management, conciliation and negotiation system.
- Establishing ethical code, code of conduct, certification and standards for activities mentioned in the scope;
- Assisting the establishment of European Food Arbitration Court.