The objectives of the Indonesian Food Safety Institute are as follows:
- Acting as platform in food and food products, agriculture, fisheries, forestry, water, environment and all related products;
- Establishing high level consumers protection in food both national and international;
- Bridging government, business operators and knowledge institutes national and international for food safety and food security purposes;
- Prevent fraud and misleading activities in food and food products;
- Increase quality and productivity in food and food products’;
- Encouraging innovation and trade in food and food products.
- Encourage Corporate Social Responsibility of all stakeholders in food sectors.
- Supporting the stakeholders of the food sectors in their legal action and arbitration.
- Establishing personal certification in food sectors to encourage young people to work in the field of agriculture, fisheries and forestry that lead to access to higher education.